OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Monday, April 21, 2008

an intro to the new world (warning: less dramatic than it sounds)

First up, got to say something honestly. Jon, I edited your post. Wonder how long it will take for you to realise? Probably as long as it takes for you to get to reading the previous sentence and more likely, less than half the time it would take for you to edit this post of mine in revenge.

Second, I shall try my utmost best not to find something to write about from yk's post. Having said that, having cross-examined with the Dictionary of All Things Me, the word 'try' is defined as ATTEMPTING to do something, ALTHOUGH it may or MAY NOT succeed.

Well, the important thing is that I tried. I did my best, but in his state of enlightenment whilst writing said post, he could not resist leaving a passing remark on my past failures. I'm sure he TRIED, but so did I. It's a sad world we live in when we TRY and TRY but just don't live up to our own expectations; but that is a subject for another day.

Yes, I know, it was my failure. He has every right to make note of my failure. I myself lament on my actions, most notably in the usage of an emoticon on MSN which showcases some catlike figure shaking its fist in despair. I know the feeling. However, sometimes people misconstrue failure for an act of mercy. Was it my fault that I was willing to pardon his faults and display mercy to the point of not dumping all his coffee down the sink? Was it my fault that I did not spike his coffee with laxatives? Well yes,in hindsight it was.

Just earlier today, as I was walking out of the local pharmacy, in the corner of my eye, I came across a section of shelves with the heading, "LAXATIVES". For a brief moment, I felt regret. Yes I did. It overcame me to the point that I stood still for 0.001 seconds. Oh it was a shock to my system. I began playing 'a video of what could have been' in my mind. If only... that was the only thing I thought of. Life's regrets. But, in the end I realise, I took the high road. I showed you mercy. You may think otherwise, but I did; and with that, I have no regrets.

Another thing I learned from this stupidity, besides my high morals, is that not drinking kohi (coffee) is more beneficial in the long run. You won't act like a druggie if you don't get your fix. You don't have to go cold turkey to kick the habit, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, you won't have the caffeine-induced energy to stay awake in lectures. And yes people, that is a very important ability to acquire.

No comments: