OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Monday, October 20, 2008

yademoS ot emocleW | Welcome to Someday

Okay seriously, how many people actually thought of typing up the title of a blog post 'mirror image' style? A lot of tacky people that is, but that's totally irrelevant to me.

Haven't blogged in ages, mostly due to me not remembering (accidental or otherwise) the existence of this blog. I come now to blog in the hopes of inspiring myself and cultivating the minds of those who read this. In short, I've got a test and some assignments to study for and I'd rather do this than read another page of lecture notes (not like I read a single page to begin with, but that is once again besides the point).

For those of you recognising this as that oh-so-common disease (yes it spreads like wildfire) that is PROCRASTINATION (cue 'BAM BAM BAM' sound effects), you are quite right. I, like many others, suffer from this accursed disease, and to those self-righteous people who supposedly have no qualms about studying very early and labelling us procrastinators as lazy, I have three words for you.

Kiss. My. Ass.

I thought that some choice words in the style of Cartman would more aptly convey my point, but I would rather not test the ability of this blog to upgrade its R rating to whatever is higher. Yes, with the other moronic owner present, this blog has the potential, but I would rather not test it.

Speaking of moronic blog owners, one seems to have disappeared of the face of this Earth (more precisely, the Internet). We can only surmise that bak kut teh near Monash is freaking awesome and requires his undivided attention 24/7.

Now that I think about it, this year has gone by pretty fast. The novelty of uni wore off pretty early with the knowledge that there is more independent studying compared to high school. Shocking, I know. Now, the second semester of uni is two weeks away from completion (excluding exams), thus culminating in me finishing my first year. A month from now, I will be back in kl, seeing people I haven't seen in months, enjoying my holidays and making up for 6 months of not eating the awesome food that is Malaysian cuisine. Then, before I know it, I will be on a plane back to Perth to begin the cycle all over again.

This got me thinking, a year can be pretty long or short depending on how we look at it. Although, the more important question that comes to mind is, what exactly did we accomplish this time around? I remembered the end of last year, when I made several resolutions that I hoped to accomplish this year.

First, I thought I would learn a foreign language. It started with a bang, with me reading all sorts of stuff, then slowly simmered off due to lack of knowledge and other reasons out of my control. It sucks that I couldn't learn a language, but I am slowly getting there. Others would probably need a year or two, I will probably take around 5 years at the pace I am going, but I'll get there. Patience is a virtue.

Second, I thought I would read more books. That started off pretty good, been continuing for awhile, then I realised textbooks were also books (who would have thought it). In my good conscience, I knew I could not break my principle of not reading textbooks, so I stopped for a while. Recently, I discovered The Encyclopedia of Swearing, and the reading begins once again.

Third, I thought I would actually play my guitar. Ever since I came to Perth, I have used it very sparingly, and thus somehow managed to unlearn pretty much everything I have learned before. Funny how it is so easy to unlearn something and yet so difficult to actually learn. This skill would however, be quite good for people who like punching their fists into walls, just saying. This year however, I've been practising and actually learning much more than I ever did, which is brilliant.

Fourth (and last, since I can't remember anymore), I thought I would go to the gym. This has been a pretty interesting one considering I never did a damn thing about it, until a few weeks ago when I actually started going. So, slow starter, but at least I started.

Why all the rambling you ask? Well, I had nothing to talk about and thought it would be interesting for us to think about things we have/currently trying to get/not yet accomplished, and just think about it. Besides, I had to go off on a tangent after the paragraph about uni got me all depressed. While writing it I realised, I've got 5 years of uni left to go through after this.

Oh yes, laugh it up people. Nothing better.

I'm out.

No comments: